The EDSA People Power Commission will be opening a museum that will allow visitors to experience critical moments in history, such as the fear and oppression wrought by Martial Law, the struggle to reclaim democracy, and the four miraculous days of People Power. The exhibit will run through February 25 to 26, 2016 at Grandstand of Camp Aguinaldo, Quezon City
With the creation of the Experiential Museum, the EPPC hopes to share with young Filipinos the stories of those who bravely endured and fought against the injustice and oppression of Martial Law. Actors will portray Filipinos who were martyred during Martial Law, including Dulag, Edgar Jopson, and Evelio Javier.
Visitors will be guided through ten halls, which bring together elements of theater, cinema, photography, and other allied arts to recreate the experiences that awakened Filipinos, and sparked the EDSA People Power Revolution. Each hall will represent not only periods in history, but also themes that underscore the enduring narrative of Martial Law and the 1986 EDSA Revolution:
- The Hall of Restless Sleep
- The Hall of Hidden Truths
- The Hall of Orphans
- The Hall of the Lost
- Hall of Pain
- The Hall of Forgotten Martyrs
- The Hall of Awakening
- The Hall of Action
—From the EDSA People Power Commission
Stay up to date with your government.Subscribe Now
Stay up to date with your government.
Subscribe to Daylight, a weekly newsletter that features good news about the Philippines and Filipinos.
After signing up, you will receive a confirmation email that you will need to click through to confirm your subscription.×
Share on social media
More from the Briefing Room
- Palace Strongly Reiterates Call For Ceasefire
- Press Conference Of PCO Secretary Martin Andanar, Presidential Spokesperson Ernesto Abella And Socioeconomic Planning Secretary And Director General Of The National Economic And Development Authority Dr. Ernesto M. Pernia
- Press Conference of Sec. Andanar, Spokesperson Abella, Sec. Sueno and Commissioner Faeldon
- Press Conference of President Rodrigo Roa Duterte (August 21, 2016)
- From The Office Of The Presidential Spokesperson On the UN executive to PH
- La Mesa Dam Alert #2