- According to Commonwealth Act No. 186 of 1936, as amended by Republic Act No. 8291 of 1997, GSIS covers all government workers irrespective of their employment status, except:
- Members of the Judiciary and Constitutional Commissions who are covered by separated retirement laws;
- Contractual employees who have no employee-employer relationship with their agencies;
- Uniformed members of the Armed Forces of the Philippines and the Philippine National Police, including the Bureau of Jail Management and Penology and the Bureau of Fire Protection.
The Government Service Insurance System (GSIS) is a social insurance institution. It provides and administers a pension fund for employees of the government that has the following social security benefits: compulsory life insurance, optional life insurance, retirement benefits, and disability benefits for work-related accidents and death benefits.Download the application form
Others who viewed this page also visited:
The principal benefit package of the GSIS consists of compulsory and optional life insurance, retirement, separation, and employee’s compensation benefits.
- Life insurance
- Retirement programs
- Employee’s compensation
- Other benefits and programs
Active GSIS members are entitled to loan privileges:
Address: Government Service Insurance System, Financial Center, Pasay City, Metro Manila
Telephone: (+632) 479-3645
Pensioner Administration Department Email: [email protected]