The Home Development Mutual Fund (HDMF), more popularly known as the Pag-IBIG Fund, was established to provide a national savings program and affordable shelter financing for the Filipino worker. The Fund offers its members short-term loans and access to housing programs. It is mandatory for all SSS- and GSIS-covered employees; uniformed members of the AFP, BFP, BJMP and PNP; as well as Filipinos employed by foreign-based employers.

Click for more government services and procedures.

Download forms

Mandatory Membership

All employees who are or ought to be covered by the Social Security System (SSS),  provided that actual membership in the SSS shall not be a condition precedent to the mandatory coverage in the Fund. It shall include, but are not limited to:

    • A private employee, whether permanent, temporary, or provisional who is not over sixty (60) years old;
    • A household helper earning at least P1,000.00 a month. A household helper is any person who renders domestic services exclusively to a household such as a driver, gardener, cook, governess, and other similar occupations;
    • A Filipino seafarer upon the signing of the standard contract of employment between the seafarer and the manning agency, which together with the foreign ship owner, acts as the employer;
    • A self-employed person regardless of trade, business or occupation, with an income of at least P1,000.00 a month and not over sixty (60) years old;
    • An expatriate who is not more than sixty (60) years old and is compulsorily covered by the Social Security System (SSS), regardless of citizenship, nature and duration of employment, and the manner by which the compensation is paid. In the absence of an explicit exemption from SSS coverage, the said expatriate, upon assumption of office, shall be covered by the Fund.
    • An expatriate shall refer to a citizen of another country who is living and working in the Philippines.
  • All employees who are subject to mandatory coverage by the Government Service Insurance System (GSIS), regardless of their status of appointment, including members of the judiciary and constitutional commissions;
  • Uniformed members of the Armed Forces of the Philippines, the Bureau of Fire Protection, the Bureau of Jail Management and Penology, and the Philippine National Police;
  • Filipinos employed by foreign-based employers, whether they are deployed here or abroad or a combination thereof.

Voluntary Membership

An individual at least 18 years old but not more than 65 years old may register with the Fund under voluntary membership. However, the said individual shall be required to comply with the set of rules and regulations for Pag-IBIG members including the amount of contribution and schedule of payment. In addition, they shall be subject to the eligibility requirements in the event of availment of loans and other programs/benefits offered by the Fund.

The following shall be allowed to apply for voluntary membership:

  • Non-working spouses who devote full time to managing the household and family affairs, unless they also engage in another vocation or employment which is subject to mandatory coverage, provided the employed spouse is a registered Pag-IBIG member and consents to the Fund membership of the non-working spouse;
  • Filipino employees of foreign government or international organization, or their wholly-owned instrumentality based in the Philippines, in the absence of an administrative agreement with the Fund;
  • Employees of an employer who is granted a waiver or suspension of coverage by the Fund under RA 9679;
  • Leaders and members of religious groups;
  • A member separated from employment, local or abroad, or ceased to be self-employed but would like to continue paying his/her personal contribution. Such member may be a pensioner, investor, or any other individual with passive income or allowances;
  • Public officials or employees who are not covered by the GSIS such as Barangay Officials, including Barangay Chairmen, Barangay Council Members, Chairmen of the Barangay Sangguniang Kabataan, and Barangay Secretaries and Treasurers;
  • Such other earning individuals/groups as may be determined by the Board by rules and regulations.
Type of Registration Requirements
a. Member Registration
  • Duly accomplished Member’s Data Form (MDF, HQP-PFF-039)
b. Employer Registration
    • Duly accomplished Employer’s Data Form (EDF, HQP-PFF-002)
    • Specimen Signature Form (SSF, HQP-PFF-003)
    • Present the following as proof of business existence:

For sole-proprietorship

    • SSS Certification (if already registered with SSS)
    • Business Permit/Mayor’s Permit
    • Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) Certificate of Registration

Partnership/Corporation/Foreign-Owned Corporation

  • Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) Certificate of Partnership/Incorporation
  • Approved Articles of Partnership/Incorporation and By-Laws

For Cooperative

  • Cooperative Development Authority (CDA) Certificate
  • Approved Articles of Cooperation

For Trade Association

  • Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) Certificate of Incorporation
  • Articles of Incorporation and By-Laws

List of valid IDs accepted to the fund

  1. Company ID
  2. Passport, issued by the Philippine or Foreign Government
  3. Driver’s License
  4. Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) ID
  5. Social Security System (SSS) Card
  6. Government Service Insurance System (GSIS) e-Card
  7. Government Office and GOCC ID, e.g. Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) ID
  8. Integrated Bar of the Philippines (IBP) ID
  9. Senior Citizen Card
  10. Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) ID
  11. Overseas Filipino Worker (OFW) ID
  12. Seafarer’s Identification and Record Book (SIRB)
  13. Postal ID
  14. Voter’s ID

Online registration

  1. Visit the website.
  2. Select the Register as New Member option:
  • For prospective members and/or first time registrants of the fund.
  • For Members issued a Pag-IBIG MID number only (No security code)
  1. Select the View Registration Information option for registered members using the Registration Tracking Number issued during registration.
  2. Select the Update Registration Information using the POP Temporary ID Number option for POP members with POP Temporary ID Number.
  3. Select the Update Registration Information using the Pag-IBIG Membership ID (MID) Number option for members issued an HDMF Transaction card.

Manual Registration

Schedule of Availability of Service:

Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.

Processing Time: 40-45 minutes

Processing Fee: None


Individual Registrant
  • Proceed to Member Services I – Marketing and Sales.
  • Register with the Fund.

a. The registrant may opt to register through any of the following:

  • Register online thru Pag-IBIG website at
  • Submit duly accomplished Member’s Data Form (MDF, HQP-PFF-039) at the branch.
  • Register online at the branch.

b. Upon successful registration, the registrant with cell phone number will receive a Short Message Service (SMS) notification informing him of Registration Tracking Number (RTN) and instruction on how to get the Pag-IBIG Membership ID (MID) Number thru SMS.

Responsible PersonMembers ServicesOfficer III
  • Register with DTI/SEC/CDA.
  • Proceed to Member Services I – Marketing and Sales and submit/present required supporting documents as proof of business existence.

a. The Employer may opt to register through any of the following:

  • Register through the Philippine Business Registry (PBR) Facility.
  • Submit duly accomplished Employer’s Data Form (EDF, HQP-PFF-002) and required supporting documents at the branch.

b. The Pag-IBIG Branch will notify the Employer of the Pag-IBIG Employer ID Number, if applicable.

Responsible Person

Members Services