Statements of the General Director
Undersecretary Ramon L. Cualoping III
Director-General of the Philippine Information Agency
- A marketing and communications executive with 15 years of experience in brand management, advertising, and public relations.
- A graduate of the Ateneo de Manila University and the National University of Singapore.
- Having built big brands in Pernod Ricard, Asia Brewery, the MVP Group and Globe Telecom, he was appointed by President Rodrigo Roa Duterte as an Assistant Secretary of the Presidential Communications Operations Office on July 1, 2016.
- Prior to becoming the PIA's Director-General, he was PCOO's Chief Brand Integrator, in charge of the Philippine Brand which aims to promote nationalism and patriotism, the Inter-Agency Committee on Anti Illegal Drugs' Rehabinasyon - the government's communication program against illegal drugs, and other initiatives to communicate public policies - such as the rehabilitation of the Manila Bay and the National Quincentennial in 2021. He was one of the communication leads in the nation's fight against COVID-19.
- Now in his new role as the Head of the Philippine Information Agency, he aims to continue to Explain, Explain, Explain government policies to pursue the agenda of President Duterte for a comfortable life for all Filipinos.