2014 PeGIF Accomplishments
Since its inception, the Integrated Government Philippines (iGovPhil) Program has been in the thick of efforts to interconnect government offices to enhance operations and improve the delivery of services to the people.
Interconnecting government agencies requires not only compatible hardware and software, but also “interoperable” applications, data and resources. Interoperability means government offices must be able to use the information, services and materials they exchange through official networks and the Internet. They need to operate as one “government online,” providing efficient and effective services to citizens and businesses, through different delivery channels, including mobile, Internet, email and personal transactions.
Government interoperability, therefore, is a goal the iGovPhil Program hopes to achieve at the soonest possible time. It is seen a key factor in good e-governance.
For this purpose, the iGovPhil Program developed a Philippine e-Government Interoperability Framework (PeGIF) with the help of experts from the government and private sectors.
- increased efficiency in government services
- improved government decision-making practices
- reduced cost and increase savings for the government
- signed the PeGIF Part 1: Technical Framework on July 30, 2014
- presented the first draft of the Information Interoperability Framework (IIF)
- conducted a Technical Working Group meeting on October 2, 2014.
- PeGIF IIF has already been finalized by the team; pending legal review