Philippine Standard Time -
Version: 1.3 Effective: October 10, 2013
Capability Building Policy This Capability Building Policy is an annex to the Government Web Hosting Service (GWHS) Memorandum Circular of the Department of Science and Technology’s Information and Communications Technology Office (DOST-ICT Office).
Content 1. Governance Structure 2. Roles and Responsibilities 3. Competencies 4. Educational Resources 5. Manpower Resources
Purpose For sustainability of the Government Web Hosting Service (GWHS), there should be a continuous capability and knowledge exchange conference involving security experts, accredited developers and trainers, and agency web developers.
Scope This Capability Building Policy shall cover:
• National Government Agencies (NGAs) • Government Financial Institutions (GFIs) • Government-Owned and -Controlled Corporations (GOCCs) • Inter-Agency Collaborations, Programs and Projects • State Universities and Colleges (SUCs)
Issuing Authority This document has been created by the Department of Science and Technology’s Information and Communications Technology Office (DOST-ICT Office) and Advance Science and Technology Institute (DOST-ASTI), through the Integrated Government Philippines (iGovPhil) Program.
Contact Information Policies and associated publications under iGovPhil Program can be found at http://i.gov.ph/. Queries, suggestions and clarifications with regard to this policy may be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Governance Structure The GWHS stakeholders are encouraged to develop their own Governance Structure. The agency’s web team shall be composed of the chief information officer, who will act as the head of a web team, and a webmaster, who will manage and maintain the website.
2. Roles and Responsibilities
2.1 Webmaster Generally, it is the responsibility of a webmaster or content manager to handle the Content Management System administration page. Specifically, the tasks are:
• To ensure that the site is operating properly. • To manage content and queries. • To manage CMS user accounts. • To migrate the current site’s contents to the Government Website Template CMS. • To manage or revise the site codes. • To ensure the site’s security. • To manage the databases. • To handle the CPanel administration.
The webmaster’s essential responsibilities also include developing, uploading and updating website’s contents.
2.2 Chief Information Officer (CIO) It is the CIO’s responsibilities to:
• Approve contents to be uploaded in the website. • Act as a contact person for GWHS concerns.
3. Competencies The basis for the needed competencies, or the fundamental set of knowledge and skills for the webmasters shall be based on the National ICT Competency Standard for Webmasters (NICS-Webmasters) formulated by the DOST-ICT Office.
Selected indicators from Skill Set Divisions A, B, and C of the NICS-Webmasters and some identified indicators to address the need of website migration to GWHS shall be adopted. These standards cover competencies related to Internet Access, Web Content Management, and Website Maintenance and Administration.
The following are the standards and indicators for Skill Set Division A, which particularly covers skills linked to Internet Access:
Skill Set Division A Underpinning Knowledge:
Skills Set Division B pertains to the Web Content Management skills. This skill set covers standards related to Markup and CSS, web multimedia, basic web programming and RDBMS. These skills are:
Skill Set Division B Underpinning Knowledge:
For technical issues, Skill Set Division C presents skills related to website management, web accessibility and usability, and legal issues, with the following indicators:
Skill Set Division C Underpinning Knowledge:
4. Educational Requirements To assist the NGAs, GOCCs, GFIs, SUCs, the ICT Office shall tap the pool of accredited trainers and developers who passed the accreditation exam administered by the Project Management Office (PMO) of the iGovPhil Program.
5. Manpower Resources The following educational resources can be used as references in writing web content:
FOR COMMENTS AND SUGGESTIONS, kindly post it here.
DOWNLOAD a copy.
REPUBLIC OF THE PHILIPPINES
National Government Portal
All content is in the public domainunless otherwise stated.
Email us at email@example.com
Back to Top